Monday, October 13, 2008

Ahhhhhhh........



Hello,

A few weekends ago Brandon and I took off and went to Santa Barbara. It is a great place to go if you want something fun and kind of sort of nearby. I recommend vacation rentals or camping as opposed to staying at a hotel though aaaaand I also recommend being prepared for A MASS SPENDING FRENZY in downtown SB. I escaped this frenzy only due to the fact that I actually prefer farmer's markets/antique stores. The farmer's market in SB is EVERYDAY and has so many organic veggies and people that I almost cried with joy. We stayed in an amazing place about a few houses down from the absolutely beautiful beach and really just relaxed...well I did..as Brandon went on a high fashion photo shoot with some hot seagull. After the SB we headed to Ventura which is a whole different vibe. The stores are interesting..a great antique store that we liked and I found some amazing shoes from an almost hidden shoe store owned by a very sweet lady with wonderful taste. I am extremely picky with my shoes. I rarely like them and when I find a pair I wear them until they die..or till someone glues them back together..shortly before they die. When I find a store with said shoes life just gets a little brighter. Evening time in Ventura was spent with a great friend of ours, Lee Koch, who plays amazing harmonica and also Brian Wright and the Waco Tragedies with a little bit of Sally Jaye who I loved live but not so much on CD.... All in all, fun weekend getaway....on to new adventures...

-Serra

No comments:

Contributors