Monday, December 8, 2008

Over The Rhine In My Head

OTR
So last night we saw again, me for the fifth time Serra for the second, what I would consider the most significant and influential bands for me personally still here on God's green earth at an extraordinarily intimate venue with some really good friends. The band was Over the Rhine and I would highly recomend anyone who appreciates good music to look them up. Paste magazine named them as one of the top 100 songwriters alive. It was their first ever west coast Christmas tour in their 20 years of performing and we were fortunate enough to see them at special performance at Fuller Seminary. Before their performance they had a question and answer session that I thoroughly enjoyed. The topic was "spirituality and creativity." What really impresses me about them is their accessibility amidst their absolute brilliance. I have never before seen more talented musicians demonstrate their gifts with such sincerity and joy. And the joy that comes from songs of sorrow, pain and regret is inexpressible. I feel as if every time I see them it is a once in a life time opportunity. I am so blessed! And so excited to see them again!

Over the Rhine are the husband and wife duo of Linford Detweiler & Karin Bergquist.

Check them out at OverTheRhine.com

No comments:

Contributors