Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Social Classes and the Demise of a Once Thriving Society

As I rolled out of my roll out bed this morning (I can't sleep in my bedroom when it's messy..call me crazy...or lazy), I realized hallelujah Jesus. I was off today. FINALLY I wake up to the fluffiest grey clouds in the world and I'M OFF! Being off work for me is a means to celebrate. So, I proceeded to clean the house. Two hours later..the party was still on...still cleaning. Now I don't want y'all to think I'm compulsive in this area...because if you saw my bedroom on a regular basis you would realize that I'm not one of those people. But, alas, I do love the sight and experience of organization and cleanliness...the smell of fresh antibacterialish air. After my cleaning frenzy I succumbed to the computer just in time to inform the world (facebook) that I was off (gotta update that status) and also to peruse some blogs which in the end only made me realize how much I don't contribute to my own blog..but whatever. After all this I decided that the only way to make my day would be to go to Target. Target, my friends is the place you go when you need a lamp for 8 bucks. Lamp in hand, I also grabbed two fluffy white pillows and checked out. Sitting in my car, I suddenly noticed that my hair was greasy. NASTY! In my utter horror, I headed to Walmart in order to feel better about my appearance but only found myself to be more depressed and almost run down by an angry tatooed person. Then, to make matters worse I walked slowly and patiently to the 12 items for less line and BAM..lady in front of me with 1200 items complaining incessantly about people who talk on there cell phones when checking out. Feeling more than a little perturbed, I picked up my phone and sent a few text messages while glaring at her PILE of things. 2 hours later I left with a smart water and a pack of gum and a migraine and the realization that I will never step foot in Walmart again. Now, I am home....ahhh..for only just a moment and then I'm off to see the wizard and some AMAZING graphic design work after I pay $1.95 for gas and reminisce of Thanksgiving holidays past.

No comments:

Contributors